Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Dancing Machine

So, I mentioned dance practice in my last posting. I got myself talked into being involved in a performance at an International Festival that was held Sunday, 9/7. When we signed up they said anybody who likes to dance or sing or act or whatever was welcome to participate. Somehow that turned into a dance that another JET choreographed. Now, I’m not very coordinated when it comes to dancing. I have a really hard time remembering moves – I’m terrible at line dances and aerobics routines and such. Colette – I could have really used your help! Practices have taken up a lot of my time in the last week and I was super stressed out because we kept getting new moves to learn and things kept changing.

Most of the dance was with the group as a whole but there were also parts where small groups had to do their own thing. There were three of us in my group and we decided to do the robot. We even made robot costumes. We figured that people would focus more on our funny costumes and wouldn’t notice how terrible our dancing was. I was really worried about it beforehand but it went a lot better than I thought it would. The audience seemed to enjoy it and we got lots of compliments. (Keep in mind that most of the audience was made up of our friends.) I’m just glad it’s over with! It was fun, but I don’t think I’ll be signing up for another performance any time soon… I do like to embarrass myself though so I’ll post a link to the video once it’s available!

No comments: